The wishlist name can't be left blank

An extremely fine George III Tea Caddy made in London in 1773 by Aaron Lestourgeon.

£ 4,850

373975
The Tea Caddy is oval in form and the sides of the main body, and the edge of the cover, are engraved with bright cut scratch engraved bands. The front of the Caddy displays a contemporary Armorial surrounded by a bright cut cartouche, with tied ribbons above, and crossed branches below. The cover has a cast floral and foliate finial, simulating a sprig from a tea plant. The base is engraved with a contemporary inscription. The base is fully marked and the cover is marked with a good maker's mark and sterling mark. The Armorial is that of the Martin family impaling Skippe for James Martin M.P. and banker of Overbury Court, County Worcs, and his wife Penelope Skippe, daughter of John Skippe Esq., of Upper Hall, Ledbury, Co. Herefordshire. James Martin was the third son of John Martin M.P. and followed his father as M.P. for Tewkesbury. Overbury Court is a Georgian country house in Overbury, Worcestershire and images are shown. It was bought in 1723, from the Parsons family, by John Martin, of the Martins banking family. The existing Elizabethan manor house burnt down in 1738, after which Martin commissioned the building of the present house in 1740. Several members of the Martin family were Members of Parliament for the local constituency of Tewkesbury and two have been High Sheriffs of Worcestershire. The Caddy is in quite excellent condition, with finely made hinge. Aaron Lestougeon either alone, or in partnership with his brother William, was a specialist box and caddy maker of exceptional quality and innovative design. They had workshops at Clements Inn Passage, near Clare Market, when this tea caddy was made.

Height: 5 inches, 12.5cm.
Length: 5.2 inches, 13cm.
Width: 3.5 inches, 8.75cm.
Weight: 14oz.