The wishlist name can't be left blank

A rare and very fine pair of George II Pint Mugs made in London in 1754 by William Shaw II & William Priest.

SOLD

205493
The Mugs both stand on a circular stepped cast foot. The attractive baluster shaped main body rises to an everted rim and the faceted, scroll handle is decorated with leaf capping. The front of each Mug is engraved with an Armorial surrounded by a Rococo shell and foliate spray cartouche. The Mugs are of an excellent gauge and are of the finest quality. Both are fully marked in the foot. The Arms are those of Wilson of Scotland, first granted to the Wilson family of Edinburgh in 1671. Pint Mugs in pairs are extremely rare and we have handled very few over the years.



Height: 4.5 inches, 11.25cm

Diameter of the foot: 3.25 inches, 8.13cm

Weight: 21oz the pair
Year
1754